Due to the ongoing pandemic caused by COVID-19, we have implemented several procedures and policies in order to keep everyone safe! They are listed below, if you have any questions or concerns, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-person meetings are suspended when new case counts are too high. Meetings shift to Zoom in that case. “Too High” is determined by the Director of Youth Ministry and the council. Factors include school cancellations, church pausing in-person worship, and reported case counts.
- Follow us online or join our email lists to keep up with updates about in-person vs Zoom meetings!
- Social distancing- in-person meetings are kept social distant, all participants staying 6+ feet apart
- Masks– all in-person participants are required to wear an adequate face covering for the duration of the event, inside or outside.
- Location– when weather/temperature allows, meetings are being held outside, on church property, whenever possible. When it is too cold, or in the case of inclement weather, meetings are held in the church gymnasium. Indoor meetings are also socially distant and masked.
- Sanitation– steps are taken to wipe down surfaces before and after all youth group events. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant are made available to everyone at youth events.
- Events like retreats and lock-ins are suspended until it is deemed safe to hold them again. Events with partner organizations, like mission trips and Confirmation Camp, must follow all current CDC safety guidelines in order to be considered and promoted to the group.